COVID-19 Tip #8: Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy Update
The federal government published more detailed information regarding the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS), and announced that applications for the CEWS will open on April 27, 2020.
The federal site provides information on:
- Who is an eligible employer: types of eligible employers and what is an eligible revenue reduction.
- Determine your eligible employees: who are eligible employees and what is eligible remuneration.
- Calculate your subsidy amount: use the calculator to find out how much a wage subsidy may be.
- How to apply: when and how to apply for the subsidy, and follow-up actions.
- Contact the CRA: how to contact the CRA about the CEWS.
Also see: COVID-19 Tip #2: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy for a quick summary of the CEWS.