Lesha Van Der Bij
CEO, Optimize Legal
Lesha is an innovative, practical and collaborative lawyer with a Yellow Belt in Legal Lean Sigma and 20 years of experience working in the legal industry, including many years leading process improvement, knowledge and information management and business development projects at a national law firm.
A big believer in the value of well-curated legal information, Lesha has been developing databases and systems to simplify the process of tracking changes to the law.
Lesha also works with law firms, helping them to develop their own legal resources and provide better value to their clients.
Publications & Presentations
- Robots and Rule Makers: New Frontiers for Legal Regulation, Federation of Law Societies of Canada Annual Conference, October 17, 2018
- 16th Annual Pensions & Benefits Hot Spots, Ontario Bar Association, October 15, 2018
- Prioritizing Decisions & Using External Resources: Bigger Picture Strategic Considerations for Every Law Practice, Osgoode Professional Development, December 1, 2017
- 15th Annual Pensions & Benefits Hot Spots – The Back to School Edition, Ontario Bar Association, September 27, 2017
- Managing Pension Records: To Keep or Not to Keep, Benefits Canada, Co-author, January 2017
- Evolution of the Contract, You've Come a Long Way Baby, International Legal Technology Association KM Blog, November, 2016
- My Favourite Apps blog post series, Optimize Legal Blog, August-December 2016
- Knowledge Management 101 blog post series, Optimize Legal Blog, April-May 2016
- Staying Ahead of the Artificial Intelligence Curve, International Legal Technology Association KM Blog, March 2016
- A Recipe for Success: Cooking Up KM from Scratch, International Legal Technology Association White Paper, Co-author, July 2015
For additional information on my Representative Work, please click here.